Are you worried about work prospects for your children? Do you need better treatment at work? Ontario is reviewing its employment and labour laws for the first time in over 25 years.
Join the Ontario Federation of Labour, for one of several webinar trainings that will prepare you to:
- Deliver a public presentation to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs for Bill 148 the week of July 10 and the week of July 17
- Understand what is inside Bill 148 – what are our victories and where government needs to make further improvements
- Tell a strong personal story as part of your presentation
- Dispel myths about raising the minimum wage to $15 by 2019 and making it easier to join unions
We are at a critical juncture in our campaign for decent work. The Ontario government has tabled legislation (Bill 148) that contains many victories for working people, like greater access to unionization and a $15 minimum wage, but it needs to go further.
Public consultations are happening in July about this bill and it is our chance to make further improvements before the bill becomes legislation.
Everyone is welcome!
- July 13, 2017 at 6pm – 7:30pm
- via Webinar
- 6 people are going